Pumpkin Pudding Parfait
- 1/2 c safe granola (I use Cascadian Farms Honey and Oat)
- 8 oz vanilla yogurt (I used SO Delicious Cultured Coconut Milk Yogurt)
- 12 oz pumpkin pudding (see below)
Presentation counts on this one! Put 2 Tbsp granola in the bottom of each of 3 glass custard dishes (or dish of your choice). Follow with a layer of yogurt, about 2 ounces each. Put a layer of pudding on, about 4 ounces each. Using remaining yogurt, put a spoonful on top of each dish for decoration, followed by a sprinkle of granola. Serve and watch it disappear.
Vegan Pumpkin Pudding
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 c cold ricemilk (I used Horchatta)
- 3/4 c cold hemp milk
- 1/4 c potato starch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/8 tsp cloves, dash nutmeg)
- 1/2 c sugar
Honestly, I am still tweaking this recipe. It's ok, but not awesome. I would have preferred to use tapioca starch as it is a little sweeter, but I was out. I added sugar to taste, so the amount above is a guess. I'll keep working and let you know when it is perfect. In the meantime, it's decently healthy, and the kids love it.